Year 5 2018 - 2019
Year 5 Teacher
Welcome to Year 5's Class Page!
This is usually due in on Tuesdays and is a mixture of tasks designed to extend the children's in-class learning.
- We expect the children to read 3 times a week, with an adult, in order to develop inference and deduction skills through questioning.
- Times Tables Rock Stars is a fantastic new resource that will engage and encourage the children to learn their times tables. Happy rockin'!
- New spellings scheme - The children seem to be enjoying our new 'no nonsense' spelling scheme and we hope that they are using their new-found techniques to practise their spellings at home.
Exciting things to come...
- New Learning Challenge 'Were the Anglo Saxons Really Smashing?' begins after the Easter break. *If you have any large boxes/plastic bottles/cardboard that we can use to build a life-sized Anglo Saxon settlement, please send them into school, many thanks*
- Aspirations Week
- Science Festival at UCLAN Thursday 27th June
- Harry Potter/HMS Belfast residential Sunday 30th June/Monday 1st July
- Bouncy Day Tuesday 16th July
Files to Download
Year 5 : Gallery items
St Andrew's C.E. Primary School
Tel: 01204 332606